Meditation is considered a great exercise for a human’s body. We all know, meditation gives us a sense of calmness, peace and balances emotional well-being and overall health in daily life.
The emotional benefits may include- gaining a new perspective on stressful conditions and supporting the brain to do the rightful things, focusing on the present situation by reducing negative emotions, helping to be creative by increasing imagination, helps to increase patience and tolerance.
According to research, meditation can also help people manage symptoms of diseases such as anxiety, cancer, chronic pain, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleep problems, asthma, and headaches due to tension.
Types Of Meditation
This type of meditation helps those people who are facing age-related memory problems. Kirtan Kriya is usually done by chanting a mantra along with the frequent movement of the fingers. This process helps to focus on your thoughts. Studies show that people with age-related memory loss progressed in their performances on neuropsychological tests.
Metta meditation is also known as loving-kindness meditation. It helps you to develop kind thoughts and feelings towards yourself and to others including your enemies.
This form of meditation helps to control anxiety and addiction. Transcendental meditation is also practiced by chanting a mantra and is best taught by an experienced TM (Transcendental Meditation) practitioner.
Visualization Meditation is usually practiced through visualizing positive scenes, images, and figures. It enhances feelings of relaxation, peace, and calmness. Another form of visualization meditation involves imagining yourself succeeding to achieve your goals. In this way, it helps to increase focus and meditation.
Vipassana Meditation is an ancient form of meditation. This type of meditation helps you to transform yourself through your observation. It is usually practiced by giving deep attention to physical sensations in the body, to develop a connection between the mind and body. The interconnection of the mind with the body results in love and compassion.
Tips To Follow While Meditating
As meditation gives you several benefits, it is important to meditate appropriately and conveniently. Some of the tips you must follow while meditating. They are as follows: –
- Find a place where you can sit comfortably and quietly, where no one will disturb you.
- Beginners should start meditating within two minutes. If two minutes go well for a week then from another week increase your time a little bit. If it goes well then increase it again. If you meditate ten minutes per day it can be enough.
- You shouldn’t worry about the fact that you are doing it wrong. As meditation calms your mind you should proceed in that way. There’s no better way of doing that, just be happy that you are doing it anyway.
- If you have thoughts, don’t get frustrated with them. It’s normal to have thoughts as our brain won’t stop thinking instead focus on your attention, see that you are not breaking it. Try to meditate more if your mind wanders around negative things and things that enact to be a burden.
- Meditation isn’t always about focusing your attention on doing it but also about getting to know yourself. Through meditation, you are letting yourself know what your mind is up to and how it works. You will get to understand why your mind is frustrated or exhausted and you will be able to avoid difficult feelings.
Meditation calms our mind and body and leads us to the way of peacefulness. Meditate every day to be healthy and loving. Follow the tips mentioned above to give yourself a good day along with good vibes through proper meditation. What type of meditation will you need for yourself the most and start doing it.